Gabrielle has been thrown out of yet another rehab facility for starting a violent fight with a fellow inpatient. Her brother, Christopher, arrives to pick her up and find out why this has happened yet again. Stuck in a tiny windowless room, Christopher and Gabrielle try to find answers to questions that began in their childhood and have followed them throughout their lives.
* The Artistic Home, Chicago * Gary Garrison Play Festival, Texas ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Maisie in the Cold 2F
Maisie sits in the courtyard of an apartment block night after night, unable to find the courage or the words to climb the stairs and talk to her estranged daughter, Jennifer. Eventually she plucks up the courage to say hello, but Jennifer is not really to forgive and forget her wayward mother. * Greenhouse Ensemble, NYC * INK Fest, Los Angeles, California * Museum of Dysfunction, Houston, Texas * InspiraTO Theatre, Toronto, Canada * Odenbear Theatre, Taos, New Mexico ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Freaks 1M, 1F
New parents Caroline and Jeremy have rushed to their local doctor to try and get an explanation of why their baby woke up this morning with a snout.
* Detroit Metro Fringe Festival ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
After Midnight, Before Dawn 1M, 1F In a bedroom, late at night, Olly and Daniel, stage an intricate war over a bedsheet, quickly revealing their deepest fears to each other. Bruised and beaten by life, they slowly but surely tear down the walls each has built around themselves and gently build a bridge towards each other that may lead to a new beginning together.
* Museum of Dysfunction, Houston Texas * Published - The Dionysian Issue 002 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stupid, and Terrible 3F In a small house, a wake is taking place to mourn the death of a young soldier. No one knows what to say, so no one is saying anything. From the centre of this silence, his wife, his mother and his wife’s friend speak their thoughts, telling the story of their relationships to this man, and what has now been taken from them all.
* InspiraTO Festival, Toronto, Canada * Rapscallion Theatre, New York * Flushink Productions, Ontario, Canada * Newport New Play Festival, Rhode Island ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Piercing the Skin 1M, 1F
A chance encounter between two strangers in a motel room quickly reveals a life and death situation where everything is on the line and ordinary people will go to extraordinary lengths to get what they need.
It has been 72 days since Nora and Alfie’s mother died. Nora has been cleaning out her house. Alfie has taken to her bed, refusing to move. Here, on Day 73, a brother and sister try to come to terms with what they have lost.
* The Changing Scene Theatre Northwest, Washington ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lucy has turned up out of the blue at Agnes’ workplace with a large duffel bag and a story that she can’t quite tell. The two former friends haven’t seen each other for twelve years and Agnes has a client coming, but through the aid of a bottle of red wine, they will step back to a time when they looked at each other in a different way and how it all went terribly wrong.
* Flushink Production, Ontario, Canada * Museum of Dysfunction, Houston, Texas ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Lovely 1M, 1F
A pair of dazzling red shoes provides the catalyst for a philosophical and moral catastrophe for two students, Anna and Charlie.
* International Play Festival, NYC * Melbourne Writers' Theatre, Melbourne, Australia * BlackBook Productions, NYC ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Unspoken 1M, 1F
A simple job interview between Annabelle and Mr West turns out to be the catalyst for an examination of the nature of work. Annabelle has dreams and Mr West used to. Today they will look at the past, and how the choices we make out of necessity change who we are and the lives that we lead.
* Universal Theatre, Massachussets * n.u.f.a.n. Ensemble, Chicago ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sophie in the Water 1M, 1F
Sophie thought the past was behind her, the guilt laid to rest, the memories packaged and safely tucked away. But today the past came back, worming its way into the present and threatening the future.
* gaia studio, New Jersey * Flushink productions, Ontario, Canada ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Act Accordingly 1M, 2F
Alicia believes she is a human disaster zone when it comes to romance. A late night visit from Cupid is about to change all that.
*ACT Theatre, Egypt *Paw Paw Village Players, Michigan *Dio Theatre, Chicago
Published by JAC Publishing. Available for purchase here.
Moving from an airport waiting lounge to the dark jungle of Africa, Layla and Franklin examine their relationship and the choices they have made.
*North Park Play Festival, San Diego
Published by Smith and Kraus in The Best 10 Minute Plays of 2007. Available for purchase here ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________